The position is situated at NORDEN´s office in Singapore located in Suntec City, reporting to the Head of Bunker Purchase you will be responsible for negotiating and purchasing bunkers for vessels employed by NORDEN worldwide. This is done in collaboration with an efficient team of five other employees located in Copenhagen, Annapolis, and Singapore. Two are located in our Singapore office.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, handling several deals and tasks at once. You will be expected to profitably use your market knowledge to plan and carry out strategy, business plans, budgets and projects related to the Bunkers department. Your primary stakeholders will be operators and charterers from NORDEN’s different offices, and it is important that you are available to support them. You will cover the Far East Market Area and work in multiple systems to ensure data flow and invoice management.
An important part of the job is to make sure that all the parameters have been considered in the negotiation process and to analyse market data both for optimization and benchmarking purposes.
The tasks that await you
As Bunker Manager in NORDEN, Singapore your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Daily task handling and negotiating bunker purchase orders from our Stakeholders with suppliers and traders
- Ensuring high service to our stakeholders, primarily operations and chartering, sharing market trends, and looking for opportunities in the market
- Optimizing the NORDEN results through optimization of the total cost of bunkering with a special focus on all vessels calling ports in the Far East and Australia
- Development and contract management of any bunker purchase contracts
- Pursuing new business opportunities in the bunker market
- Ensuring to maintain a good relationship with our suppliers, traders, and other stakeholders
- Be on top of regulations within the Bunker area
Your competences and core qualifications
You are enthusiastic about and have experience in purchasing. You want to impact NORDEN´s Bunker strategy and bring ideas to the table. You are service minded, a team-oriented person, self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude. Furthermore, you have/are:
- A minimum of three years’ experience within the bunker purchasing industry in Singapore – on buyer or seller side
- Familiar with bunker claims and disputes
- Solid negotiation skills and an analytical mindset
- Solid communication and problem-solving skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
NORDEN is a recognised shipping company within dry cargo and product tankers and an integrated part of the global commodity trade. With 13 offices across 6 continents, we combine global expertise and local insights to deliver trusted, safe, and efficient solutions to our customers all over the world, enabling smarter global trade.
Operating at the heart of global trade, we are committed to decarbonising the global supply chain, becoming industry leaders within diversity, equality and inclusion, while taking a firm stance on all forms of corruption. NORDEN takes pride in our global culture where diversity and inclusion are drivers for a sustainable workforce, and we aim to facilitate equal opportunities for all.
Click here to apply online at Norden website