Are you a potential Trader eager to navigate the dynamic world of bunker trading? Do you thrive in sales, excel in forging strong relationships, and are ready to go the extra nautical mile? If so, we’ve got an exciting career journey awaiting at Monjasa Panama office. Dive into a world of international exposure, innovative challenges, and impactful connections awaits you!
Job description – Trader
Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become the first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions. We are thus on the lookout for a colleague who can identify with Monjasa’s values and is capable of building strong relations both internally and externally.
As the newest member of our trading team in Panama, you will join a proactive, knowledgeable group passionate about the industry. You will be part of a larger network of 25 traders and 3 assistants, covering the Americas and collaborating with global offices.
Your role will be crucial in driving sales, managing the purchase of bunker fuel, and planning logistics to optimize value. You will focus on fostering relationships with clients and suppliers, expanding our business into new and existing markets. Expect a vibrant and varied day-to-day experience that demands professional creativity, innovative thinking, and offers extensive international exposure. Prepare for global connections, travel, and opportunities to visit our clients – making a significant impact in our industry.
Areas of focus
- Drive sales and manage logistics for bunker fuel purchases, shaping the future of our operations.
- Build lasting relationships with clients and suppliers, expanding our reach in exciting markets.
- Collaborate with our global offices, enhancing our collective impact across continents.
Your professional skills
- Foster enduring customer and supplier relationships for business stability.
- Deliver expert bunker solution advice and manage key accounts with flair.
- Champion internal support through keen monitoring of port activities and logistics.
- Seamlessly collaborate on international projects and inquiries.
- Fluent in written/oral English – Spanish.
Your personal skills
- Strong sales and negotiation background
- Background in the shipping, maritime, or oil industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Your top traits: Excellent communication, driven, customer-focused, detail-oriented, independent, and team-savvy.
Monjasa as a workplace
Monjasa offers you a fulfilling career in a global organisation, where you will be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We enjoy great learning opportunities and are proud of our fantastic work environment. With “Monjasa means personal business” as the headline to our corporate purpose, this serves as the guiding principle for our business. You will also find that we live and breathe our values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy. All four values and our corporate purpose are anchored in how we work together and reflect our company DNA.
Monjasa at a glance
Monjasa is a global partner in the oil and shipping industries. Our core business includes trading and supplying marine fuels and shipowning activities on a global level. We are characterised by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have experienced strong developments since our start in 2002. Financially, Monjasa is recognised as a robust business partner and total revenue reached USD 5.5 billion in 2022 – or equivalent to 6.4 million tonnes of marine fuels supplied. The fleet currently consists of 30 tankers and barges, and our operations and offices are certified according to ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 50001:2018 and ISO 9001:2015.
The Monjasa Group is committed to running a responsible business. We are actively engaging in the green transformation of the maritime sector by being an enabler of environmentally friendly fuels, as one of our ambitions in our Responsibility Framework. The Monjasa Group also includes offshore shipowning company CBED.
We look forward to receiving your application no later than February 26, 2024.
Click Here to Contact HR and Apply online via Monjasa Careers