The CSL Group Inc. of Montreal, Canada is a world-leading provider of marine dry bulk cargo handling and delivery services. Through its major operating divisions, Canada Steamship Lines, CSL Americas, CSL Australia, CSL Asia and CSL Europe, CSL owns and operates a highly diversified fleet of specialized self-unloading vessels, off-shore transshippers and Handysize bulk carriers, and delivers more than 78 million tonnes of cargo to industrial customers annually. CSL’s history can be traced back to 1845.
At CSL, we are committed to the wellbeing of our crews and employees, and to promoting a corporate culture that values high ethical standards, a safe and healthy workplace and respect for the environment. A career with CSL is both stimulating and challenging, and we are continually seeking skilled and passionate individuals to occupy key roles throughout our company.
Duties and responsibilities
· Identify key market conditions, and market structures to help evaluate and execute potential savings opportunities;
· Monitors fuel inventories and sources of supply to ensure current and future fuel availability for the fleet;
· Plan, analyze and execute on Fuel negotiations with suppliers;
· Manage vendor relationships and performance;
· Act as a facilitator during problem resolution while maintaining good business relationships;
· Conduct supply market research and spend analysis;
· Communicate with key internal and external stakeholders such as chief engineers, scheduling, transportation, and ship operators;
· Documents daily business processes;
· Provide support for (internal or external) audits;
· Manage complex matters relating to fuel and ship operations;
· Ensure suppliers quality & technical fuel handling specifications and procedures comply with CSL’s specifications;
· Monitor variances between forecasted and actual fuel expenses;
· Contribute to improve processes, procedures and tools utilized by the department;
· Assist Vessel Operators with fuel decision making and best practices, weighing trade-offs between location, price, intake and cargo lift;
· Accomplish other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills
- 3-5+ years of experience in energy markets/trading, purchasing and negotiating fuel or evaluating major product and service contracts;
- University Degree in Commerce, Finance, or in another appropriate field or professional experience to support the responsibilities of the role;
- Proven ability to negotiate and understand economic factors influencing fuel markets;
- Transportation/shipping experience is considered an asset;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Oracle (any other computer-related software);
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Capable of working under stress and with minimum supervision;
- Understand Macro and Micro economic factors which influence fuel markets;
- The optimal candidates will have a result-orientated approach, analytical skill set and strong financial acumen;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation;
- Be a passionate self-starter;
- A strong team player capable of collaborating with all colleagues from various departments;
- Experience working with purchase agreements;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Decision-making that considers due diligence;
- Ethical and accountable;
- Fluent in English and French, an asset;
- Working knowledge in Spanish, an asset.
This is a full time, salaried position. CSL offers a competitive salary, employee bonus program and comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to apply online at CSL website