Olam Agri is a market leading, differentiated food, feed and fibre agri-business, is looking for a bunker manager in Singapore for its dry bulk fleet. As the Bunker Procurement Manager for our global dry bulk fleet, you will function as an internal market maker for all bunker risk associated with our fleet and forward freight commitments. Role would include managing the exposure through the execution of physical and financial contracts, reconciling mark to market forward positions with risk control team. The role is global and managing relationship with external stakeholder. Ideal candidate will have fuel oil derivative experience, a technical understanding energy macroeconomic drivers and keen interest in the 24/7 aspect of international commodity and shipping markets.
Bunker Manager Job Responsibilities
- Manage and negotiate the procurement of bunkers, spot and term, dealing directly with selected panel of suppliers and traders.
- Intraday management of daily bunker exposure through derivative exaction, both OTC through brokers and on-screen transactions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with oil majors, traders, and derivative brokers.
- Evaluate future vessel itineraries and update internal stakeholders with regional fuel availability.
- Coordinate schedule with Vessel Operators
- Ensure compliance with purchasing procedures.
- Daily Trade entry consolidation and claims handling.
- Monitor and manage freight team bunker exposure.
- Conduct daily price updates, forward curve management, and position reconciliation.
- Collaborate with the chartering team to provide fast and accurate pricing for business bids.
- Maintain constant discussion with the chartering team to understand expected forward requirements and find the best financial fit for basis risk cover.
Analysis & Reporting
- Gather market information and report product availability and market trends.
- Analyse and report procurement performance vs. benchmarks.
- Improve visibility of the marine fuels market new to the chartering and operations team.
- Work with the Finance team & risk control teams on credit exposure, transfer pricings, and working capital management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or maritime studies.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in energy risk management, chartering, bunker procurement or commodity/bunker trading.
- Minimum 1 year experience with financial derivatives and working knowledge mark to market account principles, either through execution, managing risk or otherwise.
- Strong understanding of international shipping and commodity markets.
- Advanced technical skills within Excel and VBA, preferably with Excel MO201 certification.
- Familiar with CTRM and VMS systems.
- Experience in dry bulk commodities shipping business, preferred but not required.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Adaptability to diverse team and stakeholders from various backgrounds.
- Excellent negotiation & communication skill.
- Competitive team player mindset.
- Analytical and inquisitive nature not afraid of challenging the status quo.
About Olam Agri
Olam Agri is a market leading, differentiated food, feed and fibre agri-business with a global origination footprint, processing capabilities and deep understanding of market needs built over 33 years. With a strong presence in high-growth emerging markets and products across grains & oilseeds, animal feed & protein, rice, edible oils, specialty grains & seeds, cotton, wood products, rubber and commodity financial services, Olam Agri is at the heart of global food and agri-trade flows with more than 40 million MT in volume traded annually. Focused on transforming food, feed and fibre for a more sustainable future, it aims at creating value for customers, enable farming communities to prosper sustainably and strive for a food-secure future.
Click Here to Contact HR and Apply via Olam Agri website