At Maersk, we are on a revolutionary journey to simplify global trade, which will give us the chance to offer a major impact on the world economy, and on your career. At Maersk we want to be a true integrator of container logistics connecting and simplifying our customers’ supply chain through global end-to-end solutions. We count on our diverse people to make it happen.
We are proud of our diversity and see it as a genuine source of strength for building high performing teams.
Maersk Oil Trading (MOT) acts as the sourcing arm for Maersk in terms of supply, storage, purchase and delivery of fuel for vessels. Maersk is the key customer (80%), and, in 2021, MOT handled 11m MT of total fuel purchases. With fuel being amongst the main operating cost of Maersk’s vessels operating expenses, MOT focuses on optimizing along various channels, including blending, tolling and barging. We are a mixture of talented and passionate professionals, traders, and industry experts. We join together in a shared vision of creating world class solutions that benefit our customers, the industry and our environment. We focus on giving responsibility to our team members and encouraging their creativity to better drive our corporate vision. Maersk Oil Trading consists of around 100 employees located in a handful of offices around the world – from New York and Singapore to Rotterdam and Copenhagen. This role will be based in Copenhagen.
As Bunker Supply Planning Application Manager you will be part of a small team, where you will be involved in all aspects of developing and operating a complex bunker optimization system.
• Analysis of data for the optimization of bunker costs (use R)
• Capability to access the databases and extract data on request (SQL)
• Coding of new and maintenance of existing solutions (C++/C#/VBA)
• Project Management
• System Development
• Test of system updates
• Operational support (2nd/3rd line).
• Perform daily control routines making sure data is accurate
We are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have a master in either IT or natural sciences, ideally with a few years of practical experience. You have a background as developer, IT supporter, manager of IT vendors, analyst or data scientist.
Alternatively, you can be a recent graduate with a good understanding/experience within data analysis.
As a person you can structure a project to bring it from the first idea all way through to the final solution, including the analysis, definition, development and roll out in close co- operation with your colleagues and relevant stakeholders.
• Are accountable, a proficient collaborator and a teammate
• Have an ability to deliver independently, a flair for multi- tasking and an affection for structure
• Are a strong communicator in English equally capable of engaging with stakeholders and colleagues. alike
• Are high paced, driven and confident enough to “give things a go”
• Have experience with Power BI
• Have knowledge of and preferably experience with linear programming
Click here to apply online via Maersk website