Peninsula is looking for a Bunker Trader in Dubai, UAE. Peninsula is the leading provider of marine energy services and solutions globally. For the last 25 years, we have positioned ourselves as the benchmark for quality in our industry. We offer local knowledge on a global scale.
What You will Do as Bunker Trader
As a Bunker Trader, you will engage in the purchase and sale of marine fuel and associated products and to foster profitable and longstanding relationships with a portfolio of counterparties, whist maintaining a risk aware perspective with regards to credit risk and payment performance.
This role would suit someone with previous in Sales/Trading experience, ideally within the Energy sector or in the maritime industry. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Pro-actively market to a portfolio of new & existing customers, establish and build relationships with a view to increasing enquiries and selling the products and services of Peninsula
- Openly communicate with other traders to maximise the efficient flow of market and customer intelligence throughout the company and fully support international colleagues in actively and diligently working inbound enquiries from other regional offices around the Peninsula Group
- Understand, analyse and interpret market conditions, identify counterparty needs, provide product and price information, negotiate deals and prepare and process orders, handle administration and general customer queries relating to the sales process
- Proactively control credit risk ensuring that late payments are chased; costs of claims are minimised; and counterparty financial strength is regularly and carefully considered in conjunction with the Credit Team
- Develop and expand the Company’s business portfolio by leveraging the Group’s global network and ensuring that all sales opportunities are identified and maximised.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Business level of English language essential
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency of MS Office package.
- Confident individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive and influential by nature, a highly effective negotiator able to ‘think on your feet’.
- Attention to detail and able to listen and respond effectively to supplier/customer queries, solve problems
- High level of commercial acumen, able to think analytically and strategically and understand the wider business context
- Ambitious, self-motivated, and demonstrating a willingness to continually develop own knowledge and skills
- Arabic Speaker
Peninsula is a global leader in the supply of marine fuels. With an international grid of offices and operations in all major world ports, we deliver marine energy solutions from multiple physical supply stations and through a comprehensive global trading network. Peninsula performs over 25,000 deliveries per annum. As a market-leading supplier Peninsula is a trusted partner to over 2,000 customers in every corner of the globe.
Our reputation for transparency, combined with a low risk tolerance has garnered support from a wide-range of stakeholders who collectively support Peninsula as a leading marine energy supplier.
We are a strong advocate of maritime decarbonisation and support the ‘journey to net zero’ by 2050. Having incorporated LNG into our product range in 2021, Peninsula continues to work on the viability of all alternative fuel options in its quest to keep the global fleet moving.
Click here to apply online via Peninsula website