Are you a potential Trader with aspirations to develop in an international bunker company? Are you willing to go an extra (nautical) mile when needed, and do you thrive with sales and building relations? Then, this is just the right career opportunity for you.
Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions. We are thus on the lookout for a colleague who can identify with Monjasa’s values and is capable of building strong relations both internally and externally.
As our new Physical Trader in our Houston team in the Panama office, you will join a tight-knit team characterized by proactivity, extensive market knowledge and passion for the industry. Our trading team in Panama works in close collaboration with our US offices, and all together they are a team of 25 Traders and 3 Trading Assistants covering the Americas. Furthermore, your role will also be in close dialogue with our global offices and customers on supply in the Americas.
Your primary role is day-to-day trading, covering sales, purchase of bunker fuel and logistical planning to optimise value. Your main focus will be to create relationships with clients and suppliers to grow our business in new and existing markets. Thus, you will experience a high level of professional creativity and the possibility to think outside the box. You will be in contact with networks all over the world and have an international exposure. This will also give you the opportunity to travel and visit our customers.
Areas of focus
- Develop and maintain a solid and stable portfolio of customers and suppliers
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction by building strong personal relations and providing specialist advice in bunker solutions
- Liaising with key accounts on orders and physical supply coordination
- Build and nurture personal relations with our suppliers
- Provide internal support by surveying ports/regions, tracking vessel movements, and coordinating fuel delivery
- Communicate and coordinate with global offices on inquiries, orders and coordination of supply in Americas
Your professional skills
- Relevant education
- 1-2 years of experience in the shipping, maritime, or oil industry especially in bunker trading and/or supply is an advantage
- Experience with sales and customer handling
- Fluent in written/oral English – Spanish is a plus
Your personal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Structured approach to tasks and an eye for details
- Team Player but simultaneously capable of working independently and pursuing goals
- Dynamic and Ambitious
- Seeking new market opportunities and engaging with business partners as a motivational part of the job
Monjasa as a workplace
Monjasa offers you a fulfilling career in a global organisation, where you will be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We enjoy great learning opportunities and are proud of our fantastic work environment. With “Monjasa means personal business” as the headline to our corporate purpose, this serves as the guiding principle for our business. You will also find that we live and breathe our values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy. All four values and our corporate purpose are anchored in how we work together and reflect our company DNA.
Monjasa at a glance
Monjasa is a global partner in the oil and shipping industries. Our core business includes trading and supplying marine fuels and shipowning activities on a global level. We are characterised by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have experienced strong developments since our start in 2002. Financially, Monjasa is recognised as a robust business partner and total revenue reached USD 3.2 billion in 2021 – or equivalent to 5.7 million tonnes of marine fuels supplied. The fleet currently consists of some 20 tankers and operations and offices are certified according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
The Monjasa Group also includes offshore shipowning company CBED and IT consultancy, RelateIT.
Monjasa was awarded Best Managed Company by Deloitte in 2022.
We look forward to receiving your application in English no later than 05 February 2023.
Click here to apply online via Monjasa Website