ClassNK releases new features for GHG Emissions Management Tool ClassNK ZETA, supporting preparation for EU-ETS and BIMCO CII Clause, ClassNK ZETA (Zero Emission Transition Accelerator).
ClassNK ZETA is a tool for visualizing GHG emissions and CII ratings of ships and is used for over 5,000 ships. Based on data submitted to ClassNK MRV Portal, a system for fuel consumption reporting in compliance with regulations such as IMO-DCS and EU-MRV, ClassNK ZETA provides accurate current status and simulation for reducing GHG emissions from ships and supports response to various emission reduction requirements. The following two features are newly released this time.
The latest features include:
- Displays GHG emissions for the entire fleet and individual ships subject to the EU-ETS.
- Manages emission allowances held by the company, aiding in the visualization of emissions under the EU-ETS.
- Enables consideration of measures such as purchasing emission allowances.
BIMCO CII Clause Vessel Monitoring
- Monitors real-time attained CII and simulates changes based on ship speed.
- Useful for planning operations to achieve agreed CII rating targets set between shipowners and charterers using BIMCO’s CII operations clauses for time charter parties.
Further, ClassNK plans to add functions for preparation for the FuelEU Maritime regulation, which will be introduced for EU-related voyages from 2025. ClassNK will continue to strive to enhance tools to support GHG emissions management such as ClassNK ZETA. Visit ClassNK site for detailed information and an application form for ClassNK ZETA
ClassNK, officially known as Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, stands as a leading ship classification society, actively involved in diverse ship-related activities and services.
Dedicated to upholding the safety of life and property at sea and safeguarding the marine environment, ClassNK operates as a totally independent third-party, non-profit organization. With a commitment to delivering top-quality classification services and continuous scientific and technological research, ClassNK has earned a stellar reputation globally.
The society’s expert technical staff conducts surveys worldwide, ensuring the application of universally recognized standards to newbuildings and existing ships, covering a spectrum from hull structures to safety equipment. As of November 2023, ClassNK had an impressive portfolio of 9,198 ships, totaling over 272 million gross tons, representing approximately 20 percent of the world merchant fleet under class.